Other FNPA Users
- Lorraine Lanningham-Foster - Iowa State University - LMLF@iastate.edu Collaborator with Dr. Welk in the PAHP Lab and contributor to ongoing research at Blank Children's Hospital in Des Moines with Julia Richards-Krapfl on the use of FNPA in clinical applications.
- Maren Wolff - Iowa State University - email@example.com
Using the FNPA with motivational interviewing for childhood obesity treatment in the primary care setting in collaboration with Blank Children's Hospital and Julia-Richards-Krapfl.
- Kimbo Yee - Grand Valley State University - firstname.lastname@example.org
Examining the utility of the FNPA in a sample of 9th grade students in mid-Michigan
- Brianna Routh - Iowa State University - email@example.com
Using the original 21-item FNPA in the Rural Family Speak about Health Project
- Dianne Cogburn - firstname.lastname@example.org
Considering use of FNPA in parents and incoming 6th grade students at a charter wellness school
- Aleshia Hall-Campbell - Mississippi Roses Non-Profit Organization - email@example.com
Using the FNPA to assess users of a health and wellness program
- Brittany Long - University of Pittsburgh - Long075.firstname.lastname@example.org
Using a modified FNPA to measure lifestyle behaviors pre- and post-education
- Badria Bedri - Mariposa CHC/WIC - BBedri@maiposachc.net
Counseling of overweight children
- Helena Laroche - University of Iowa - Helenaemail@example.com
Using the FNPA as an outcome in an RCT of a family-based obesity prevention intervention
- Deb Johnson-Shelton - Oregon Research Institute - firstname.lastname@example.org
Promotion of pedestrian/walking activity by youth, school-based physical education, BMI and physical fitness surveillance, and community-based family health programming
- Rudra Bahadur Shrestha - National Pingtung University of Science and Technology - email@example.com
- Kathy James - University of San Diego - firstname.lastname@example.org
Has used the FNPA with overweight mothers at a weight clinic to increase awareness of family habits and weight risk of children
- Shirley Gonzalez - Newton Pediatrics - email@example.com
- Karen Florez - RAND Corporation - firstname.lastname@example.org
Using the FNPA in an interview-administered survey among low-income African American families in food deserts in Pittsburgh, PA. Also using English and Spanish version FNPAs with urban families in South Los Angeles.
- Joanne Kouba - Loyola University Chicago - email@example.com
Considering using the FNPA to evaluate the Family Lifestyle Intervention Program (FLIP) to engage families through community centers to participant in a healthy lifestyle challenge
- Karin Pfeiffer - Michigan State University - firstname.lastname@example.org
Uses the FNPA in the Spartners for Heart Health project, a physical activity and dietary behaviors intervention study for 5th grade students. Also uses the FNPA to evaluate the effectiveness of other physical activity/dietary behaviors programming conducted by the Crim Fitness Foundation in Flint, MI. The age group is mostly 1st-6th graders.
- Seo Ah Hong - ASEAN Institute for Health Development - email@example.com
Targeting 9-12 year old children in Thailand.
- Ramona DeJesus - Mayo Clinic - firstname.lastname@example.org
Using the FNPA as a pre-post measure in a family-based wellness coaching program for overweight and obese youth.
- Rosa Hand - Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics - email@example.com
Using the FNPA as a program evaluation tool.
- Heather Flores - University of Alabama at Huntsville - firstname.lastname@example.org
Considering using the FNPA as an assessment tool for healthy choices in rural Alabama families.
- Marisa Censani - Weill Cornell Medicine - email@example.com
Using the FNPA in a pediatric endocrinology clinic.
- Elizabeth McCue - University of Notre Dame - firstname.lastname@example.org
Using the FNPA to evaluate the "Prescription to Play" pediatric obesity initiative for the St. Joseph County Health Department.
- Michelle Venegoni-Vigil - The Women Center - email@example.com
Using the FNPA as part of a Health and Nutrition lesson for parenting classes.
- Jihyun You - Korea University - firstname.lastname@example.org
Using the FNPA in a family intervention to prevent childhood obesity.
- Antoinette Barrett - Cedars Sinai/COACH for Kids Program - email@example.com
Using FNPA in a research project on overweight/obesity in under-served children with nutrition and physical activity counseling and case management.
- Regina Kurtz - Wilson County Health Department - firstname.lastname@example.org
Working with families with children four years and older with BMI >85th percentile.
- Joanne Isme - University of South Alabama - email@example.com
Using FNPA for DNP project.
- Luana Turovskaya - Primary One Health - firstname.lastname@example.org
Dietitian working in primary care with a pediatrician. Considering using FNPA in clinic.
- Renee Tilt - RoundTable Wellness - email@example.com
Outpatient setting working with overweight 10-12 year olds
- Kathy Knight - University of Mississippi - firstname.lastname@example.org
School-based nutrition intervention research.
- Laurel Lambert - University of Mississippi - email@example.com
- Carolyn Ezzell - Columbia/Boone WIC Program - Carolyn.Ezzall@CoMo.gov
Working to increase parent understanding of relationship between food/activity behaviors and healthy weight during the WIC nutrition assessment.
- Leslie Oliver - Adams County Head Start - Loliver@adcogov.org
Planning to use FNPA in partnership with medical homes to decrease overweight/obesity prevalence.
- Elijah Goldberg - Children's Hospital of Oakland Research Institute - firstname.lastname@example.org
Using the FNPA in a preliminary data collection study involving physical activity, sedentary activity, and nutrition in patients with thalassemia.
- Emine Ekici - Uskudar University - Turkey - email@example.com
Researching family nutrition and adolescent obesity. Developing Turkish translation of FNPA.
- Marcela Briers - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Julian Angulo - Community Prevention Partnership - email@example.com
Using the FNPA in the EatPlayGrow program promoting active and healthy lifestyles for families in Reading, Pennsylvania, USA.
- Joanne Isme - University of South Alabama - firstname.lastname@example.org
Using the FNPA as a screening tool in pediatric patients, embedded into a quality improvement project.
- Samantha Kling - Geisinger and The Pennsylvania State Univerisity - email@example.com
Evaluating the effect of an obesity prevention program in pediatric well-child visits on growth and obesity risk in 2- to 9-year old children.
- Sonia Rodrigues - Lisbon Nursing School - firstname.lastname@example.org
Assessing translation, cultural adaptation and validation of the FNPA in Portugal.
- Diane DellaValle - Medical University of South Carolina; Marywood University - email@example.com
Piloting the FNPA at MUSC's Heart Health Program for kids and teens
- Jane Vecchione - Greater New Bedford Community Health Center - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sarah Scheuermann - University of South Alabama and Children's Hospital of New Orleans- email@example.com
- Heather Norman-Burgdolf - University of Kentucky - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Malathi Munisamy - Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduation Medical Education and Research - email@example.com
- Lerma Castro - The College of New Jersey - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Keira Pienaar - Trinity College Dublin - email@example.com
- Gina Tripicchio - Temple University - firstname.lastname@example.org Using FNPA as screening tool in a clinical setting to help providers identify targets for counseling. Also using FNPA as an evaluation tool to test the impact of mobile health intervention on behaviors of parents of children 2-9 years old
- Tim Brusseau - University of Utah - email@example.com
- Irwan Budiono - Universitas Negeri Semarang - firstname.lastname@example.org Using FNPA to help school units to screen children with overweight and obesity and devleoping an Indonesian version of FNPA
- Amy Iannone - Florida Gulf Coast University - email@example.com Using FNPA to assess family lifestyle behaviors for DNP project focused on the impact of mobile message intervention for family lifestyle
- Stephanie Kendzierski - Henry Ford Health System - firstname.lastname@example.org Using FNPA in Let's Get Health program
- Erin Jackson - University of Mississippi Medical Center - email@example.com Using FNPA in clinical research for children with overweight and obesity with sickle cell disease
- Azeneth Serna - IMSS For nutritional assessment in families and physical activity
- Matthew Pearce - Cardiff University - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pamela Box - Brandon House Cultural & Performing Arts Center - email@example.com
- Doménica Santander - Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador - firstname.lastname@example.org